Although a minor is not required for graduation, it will complement your studies and enhances your career opportunities.

The minor is similar to the major but less comprehensive and requires a minimum of 12 units, six of which must be upper division. A minimum 2.0 (C) grade-point average is required. Courses used for a minor can also be used for general education and a major. Although minors are posted on the Humboldt transcript, they are not listed on the diploma. A minor cannot be posted if completed after the degree has been awarded. It must be completed in conjunction with a degree or credential program.  

 Minor Course Requirements

The Office of Admissions will verify the following requirements:

  • Completion of all courses listed for the chosen minor.
  • Minimum of 12 units (6 upper division).
  • Minimum 2.0 grade point average.  (Exception: Geospatial Analysis minor requires a “C” or better in EACH course.)
  • Exclusion of optional CR grades.

Graduate Program

The Natural Resources graduate program includes options in Environmental Science & Management (ESM), Forestry, Watershed & Wildland Sciences (FWWS), Wildlife, and Fisheries, and provides graduate training in traditional disciplines, as well as flexibility for training in the interdisciplinary aspects of natural resources.

Graduate Information »